Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Target practice


Today we worked on standing up, if I could get away with him sitting down, I would. Someone told me that he would be tortured later for this in his teen years, so we're getting it over and done with now. What a messy procedure. Whoever decided that men should stand while peeing really ruined it for us moms training our boys. I threw cheerios in there for target practice, he was a little peeved that I threw his delicious snack somewhere and actually expected him to PEE on them. He did do it though. Two times today and will try again before bedtime. No wet pull up yet, well except overnight, he woke up wet, but I'll give him time on that.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Grandpa Yamaguchi INSISTED that your Dad and Uncle Gary sit down to pee. And all your brothers do. And only Gary turned girly ;)

Diane said...

LOL...I know dad does, but I didn't want to mention it in my blog...bwahaha! But since YOU did...well...ha ha! 50/50 chance, huh? Hmm..I don't know if I can chance it! Love ya dad!

A said...

Ok decided to go back through your archives and read.

here's my tips, don't worry about having him trained by age 3 my son was almost 4 before he was potty trained. And also don't worry about him going sitting down. Work on him going potty first, then have your boyfriend teach him the standing up thing once he has that down. We did that with my son and all is good now!!

Diane said...

Thanks Lilith, I will keep all of that in mind! I honestly wouldn't mind too much if he stayed in diapers forever. Heck...he'll be the ones changing them later anyways! Thanks...nice to meet you!