Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes

Out of all three kids, I think Madison says the funniest things to me. I'm not sure if its just her uncensored mouth, or her mind spinning in every which direction. This wasn't said today, but wasn't all that long ago...and I was thinking about it on the way home. We were talking about her room for when she gets here since she hasn't seen it since we moved. This was our convo:

Maddie: So, whats it look like? What kind of bed are we going to have?

Me: Its purple, the color is called Beauty Pageant...and you will have a bunkbed.

Maddie: Oh cool, who gets the top?

Me: Well, I know you like the top and Gwen just so happens to like the bottom, so it all works out.

Maddie: Yeah mom. I have to have the top.

Me: Ooookkkk...no problem, but why are you so insistent?

Maddie: Well, in case someone breaks into the house...and they go into our room, I can hide on the top because I'm so small...and they will just see Gwen.

Me: *trying my best not to laugh* Thats not nice Maddie...what about Gwen?????

Maddie: She's bigger and older than me, she's lived longer than me. Its only fair that if there was a choice they take her over me. I need more years to see the world.

Me: *Desperately trying not to let her hear me laugh* Well thats not nice, you shouldn't think like that!

She says things all the time that really surprise me...I'm sure Candace remembers better than me since I normally tell her. UGH...I can't think but I know there are good ones out there. I'll post them if I remember. Funny girl.

3 comments:

Greyhound Girl said...

OMG- she's hysterical.... I'm dying here just reading- how you kept your composure is beyond me!

Diane said...

She really is and she has no idea how funny she is!

Kim said...

yes, she comes from your father. No doubt about it.